Job role: Primary Care Paramedic (Canada).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Whitehorse, YT.
Salary: $75,356–$87,294 per year.
About the Job.
The Yukon’s Emergency Medical Services (YEMS) team delivers a wide scope of pre-hospital care. We deliver medical interventions, treatments, and critical care in every corner of the Yukon. Leadership, dedication, and partnership guide our work. We enact these qualities from the moment we receive a call to the time when we transfer a patient to a healthcare facility.
The incumbent will employ professional Primary Care Paramedic skills to provide pre-hospital emergency and non-emergency medical treatment to the Whitehorse Emergency Shelter clients and guests. The PCP assesses the patient’s condition to formulate a treatment plan and to initiate emergency interventions and non-emergency care to provide optimal patient well-being. This work is carried out in environments where there is limited medical support with an expanded scope of practice.
- Current PCP license or certification with a paramedic governing body in Canada without conditions or restrictions;
- Experience delivering pre-hospital medical care at the Primary Care Paramedic level.
- Experience working in an emergency ambulance service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Patient advocacy.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.