Job role: Tier 2 Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full time
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £43,923 per year.
About the Job.
The appointment is to commence as soon as possible for a fixed term period of 1 year. The post does not award a National Training Number, as this post is not recognized as a ‘training post’. Full registration with the GMC with a license to practice is required, and if the appointee does not hold the right of residence in the UK sponsorship will be required. The duties of this post are equivalent to an ST1/ST2.
The successful candidate will work a full shift pattern 40-48 hours per week, with dedicated time for pursuing their ED clinical fellow specialism.
The Tier 2 rota is self-rostered, under the supervision of Dr Tom Bircher (ED Junior Doctor Rota Lead)
The Emergency Department at the Northern General Hospital is a large adult-only city department with 115,000 new attendances each year and acts as the Major Trauma Center for South Yorkshire served by road and air. There is an 8-bed resuscitation room with excellent links to Critical Care, co-located CT scanning, and a state-of-the-art vascular angiography suite. There are 26 Majors cubicles and a minor injuries and ambulatory care stream, accompanied by a Clinical Decisions Unit.
- The duties of this post are equivalent to ST1/ST2.
- The successful candidate will take part in the Junior Doctor rota with 80% of their time being for clinical duties.
- The appointed clinical fellow will be expected to assess and manage all categories of patients presenting to the ED, under the supervision of the ED consultants.
- The post holder will have the opportunity to be involved in the hospital trauma team receiving critically injured patients by land and air from across the region. There will be an opportunity to develop their trauma team leadership skill through supervised direct patient contact and simulated practice.
- The post holder will be responsible to the consultants in emergency medicine, in the management of all patients presenting to the department including those attending follow-up clinics and those admitted as in-patients
- Additional responsibilities will be in line with the chosen fellowship interest(s) of the successful candidates.