Job role: Clinical Support Nurse – Perioperative.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Ballarat VIC
Salary: $51.76 per hour.
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities.
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays.
- Discounted on-site parking.
- Access to discounted health club membership.
- Staff rewards and recognition programs.
About the Job.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced, dynamic, and highly motivated Clinical Support Nurse – Perioperative with experience in specialist perioperative nursing. We are looking for a Clinical Support Nurse – Perioperative with a passion for supporting learners in the care of the patient in the perioperative operating suite, a strong focus on person-centered care, and who can demonstrate an ability to work within our organizational values of Collaboration, Respect, Innovation, Accountability, and Compassion.
This position will provide support to postgraduate nurses working in the perioperative area. You will work alongside the Clinical Nurse Educator Perioperative providing direct clinical support and instruction to postgraduate program participants.
- Must hold current registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Have current and substantial clinical nursing experience.
- Hold a postgraduate qualification in perioperative nursing.
- Hold or be working towards a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Experience supporting learners in the clinical area.
- Demonstration of attendance at programs or completion of online modules directly relating to clinical supervision and support of learners in the workplace would be highly regarded.
- Have the ability to work and liaise with a multi-disciplinary team
- Have the ability to work across a variety of perioperative areas
- Able to use the Best Practice Clinical Learning Environment (BPCLE) framework to drive service delivery and evaluation of the program
- Managing Work (includes Time Management): Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Developing Others: Planning and supporting the development of an individual’s skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Formal Presentation: Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.