Job role: Registered Nurses and midwives.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Casual.
Salary: $34.17 – $48.26 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Day shift.
- Shift work.
- Paid orientation.
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays.
- Discounted on-site parking.
- Staff rewards and recognition programs.
About the Job.
The Central Allocations Unit is seeking applications from Registered Nurses to join our Casual Bank to cover planned and unexpected leave. Based on your experience, you will have an opportunity to work across our Acute, Sub-Acute, and/or Aged Care Community sites including:
- Residential Services.
- Sub-Acute Services.
- Acute Services including:
- Operating Suite.
- Special Care Nursery.
- Emergency Department.
- Intensive Care Unit / Critical Care Unit.
Casual Bank is managed by the Central Allocations Unit which provides staffing coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Grampians Health uses an electronic rostering system that matches staff for shifts based on their availability, experience, and preference of location. Shifts will be offered on the day of the vacancy or in advance by text or phone call.
Casual Bank allows you to have an opportunity to work across a variety of locations at the Ballarat campus around your nominated availability. To maintain your position on the Casual Bank, a commitment of 2 shifts per fortnight is required.
Casual bank shifts can be offered within short time frames, therefore to be considered for this role you must be living in the Ballarat region.
You will be required to provide 2 referees that are direct managers / supervisors (including your current manager).
- Maintaining accurate availability in our electronic rostering system and accepting shifts based on availability.
- Caring for a diverse range of patients and residents in varied care settings.
- Ability and willingness to provide high quality, direct care within scope of practice.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to achieve positive, patient focussed outcomes
- Documentation and updating of care plans/patient records.
- Provide accurate and timely communication with residents, visitors and staff at all levels within Grampians Health.
- Participate in annual performance reviews.
- Commitment to ongoing mandatory education.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA and hold a current Practicing Certificate.
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check, or willingness to obtain if working in Aged Care Communities.
- Current Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills, commensurate with experience.
- Ability to function within a team.