Job role: Support Worker.
Job sector: Healthcare
Job Type: Casual.
Salary: $40.26 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Rotating roster.
- Shift work.
- We are a leading disability service provider in NSW and the ACT, providing services and support for people with disabilities, their families, and carers.
- You will have your contribution valued and have opportunities to grow your career with us.
- A family-friendly workplace is offered and support is provided for staff to manage their home and work lives effectively.
- Learning and career advancement opportunities.
- Save on tax and increase take-home pay with salary packaging of up to $15,900pa.
- Many employee benefits such as discounted health insurance, gym membership, motor service offers, and more!
About the Job.
We are currently seeking several enthusiastic and motivated Support Workers to join our Taree team on a casual basis.
These are female-only positions.
Being Female (sex) is a genuine occupation requirement of the role. As such, and under Part 3 s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) application for this role is only open to individuals who are Female (sex)
Reporting to the Coordinator, you will be required to appropriately support customers with opportunities to reach their individual goals through meaningful activities in our Centre Programs.
This role would be suited to those with a genuine desire to promote independence and inclusion in society of people with disabilities or developmental delays as well as a desire to support individuals to have a voice, choice, and exercise control over their own lives to achieve their individual goals.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their care plans, as appropriate.
- Experience supporting customers with psychosocial disability, dementia, Intellectual disability, Acquired brain injuries, epilepsy, and behaviors of concern.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster; you will be required to work across morning, afternoon, and active night shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts.
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate – “Quality, Safety & You”.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain).