Job role: Care and Support Worker.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £20,319 per year.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part-time) per year.
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities.
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra day off.
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%.
- Life assurance covers 3 x your salary.
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members to.
- Tenancy deposit -; interest interest-free loan to help with rental deposits.
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with the Wisebox platform.
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organizational activity and link in with colleagues.
- Career progression across the organization with our mentoring program and apprenticeships.
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organization.
About the Job.
Are you interested in starting a career in care and support? MTVH has an opportunity for care and support workers in Harrow. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to start a career in care. You will be working in a service with 47 older people with varying levels of care and support needs. You will join our team providing support to vulnerable adults, working as part of a team in a registered supported living setting for customers with care needs, so experience in a similar role is essential. You will provide positive support to ensure their independence as far as practically possible, engaging in activities, achieving an active life, and promoting good health and positive well-being to lead a full and meaningful life.
You’ll need good, effective communication skills to be able to work as part of a team or work on your own when needed. You’ll have experience in having a holistic approach, updating paperwork on the computer, dealing with appointments, and networking to develop and achieve positive outcomes.
The key is the ability to demonstrate a passion to deliver excellent service to vulnerable adults in a dignified manner. You will need to be able to work independently and have the confidence to deal with customers with compassion and promote social interaction as much as possible.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Adult Barred list, once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.