Job role: Carer – Domiciliary care.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £11.05 – £11.50 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability.
About the Job.
Bromley Healthcare – Care at Home is recruiting caregivers to provide domiciliary care to service users in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives whilst helping them remain in their own homes by providing high-quality person-centered care, supporting the service user to undertake, a wide range of care needs, taking into account their individual personality and lifestyle choices
We are currently recruiting Caregivers for Bromley & Bexley, please note the Bexley roles are based in DA5, DA14 & DA15.
We have full-time and part-time opportunities available so if you can only work in the evenings or weekends or you would like to discuss shifts that fit around childcare; we would like to hear from you as are open-minded to different shift patterns.
We are committed to developing our people and recognize the benefits of growing our own. We offer a range of apprenticeships in different subjects and academic levels.
For those interested in careers in nursing, there is the opportunity to train as an apprentice Nursing Associate and then later, undertake an 18-month top-up to become a Registered Nurse. We may also be able to offer a four-year Registered Nurse apprenticeship to those who already meet university entrance requirements and we are looking to offer degree apprenticeships for some Allied Health Professions too.
You will encourage and support service users in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives whilst helping them remain in their own homes by providing high-quality person-centered care. You will be responsible for a wide range of care needs or supporting the service user, taking into account their individual personality and lifestyle choices.
You will be kind, caring, and compassionate and be passionate about making a difference in the quality of life for our service users.
- Providing high-quality person-centered care to service users in their own homes by their support plan.
- Providing personal care duties such as washing, dressing, bathing, toileting, and medication monitoring and/or assistance with these activities.
- Administering medications.
- Shopping and meal preparation support.
- Supporting with domestic, daily living tasks including cleaning.
- Helping service users to access the community, socialize and undertake leisure activities
- Manual handling, using equipment where required.
- Promoting service users’ health and well-being, independence, and enabling them to live their lives to the fullest.
- Being flexible to work a range of shift patterns including alternate weekends.
- Maintaining appropriate records to meet the needs of the service, observing and promptly reporting changes or concerns in your service user’s circumstances or condition.
- NVQ 2 or willing to work towards a Diploma in Health and Social Care Care Certificate – Desirable.
- Excellent listening skills and an ability to build up a rapport with people – essential
- Respect for individuals, regardless of their race, gender, or culture – Essential.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality – Essential.
- A friendly, caring, and sensitive approach is essential.
- Full, clean Driving Licence – Desirable.
- Previous experience of working within a care environment – Essential.
- Ability to learn new skills and gain new experience – Essential.
- Ability to use own initiative – Essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively – Essential.
- Information Technology.
- IT literate – Essential.
- Experience of using electronic recording systems – Desirable.
- Experience of using electronic rostering systems – Desirable.