Job role: Clinical Nurse Specialist- Renal Medicine.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £35,392 – £42,618 per year.
About the Job.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Band 6 Home Haemodialysis Clinical Nurse Specialist at the QEHB. Experience in hemodialysis is essential.
The successful candidate works autonomously and is responsible on a day-to-day basis for the organization, coordination, communication, and transfer to the home hemodialysis service. The post holder will support the development and provision of the home hemodialysis program within the trust. They will provide a nurse-led assessment of all patients who are referred to the home hemodialysis program. They will be responsible for providing training and support to patients and their families who have chosen to undertake home hemodialysis. They will coordinate the rotation of patients between home hemodialysis and in-center units.
You will be the patient’s advocate working closely with inpatient and outpatient services and community teams across.
We are looking for someone who works well in a team, has excellent interpersonal skills in all areas as you will be communicating with patients, relatives, and staff, initiates and shares ideas with the team, and can prioritize your workload.
In partnership with members of the multi-disciplinary team, the post holder will develop individual competence and knowledge which will support the provision and evaluation of seamless specialist nursing services, ensuring patients receive the highest standards of clinical care. Through work-based learning and development, the post holder will develop specialist knowledge and skills, demonstrated through the provision of advice, education, and support to staff, patients, families, and carers. Whilst undertaking the role the post holder will be supported by a more experienced nurse or nurses to enable them to achieve competence in agreed areas of specialist practice through exposure, training, and education to agreed levels of competence to enable autonomous practice within the specialty. Be visible and available to patients, carers, and relatives whilst providing continuing support and advice. These will include visiting regularly in a variety of settings including home, in-hospital, and dialysis centers. It is essential to have access to a vehicle and have a clean driver’s license. It is also essential that documentation be done electronically and accessible to all the MDTs.
The post holder will actively undertake and participate in clinical audits and service evaluation within the specialist area.
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration.
- Evidence of post-registration CPD /post-registration qualification in the appropriate area of specialty or professional knowledge supplemented by specialist experience.
- Evidence and ability to revalidate as required by the NMC.
- Significant post-registration experience, with evidence of passion/ enthusiasm and knowledge for the associated area of specialist practice.
- Evidence of achievements and career development in current post and of ongoing professional development/ competence.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge underpinned by theory and CPD relevant to the speciality.
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching/assessing and supervising others in a clinical setting.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and cross-agency work environment.
- Demonstrate understanding/experience/willingness to be a practice-based supervisor /assessor as detailed in the NMC.