Job role: Senior Care Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £11.37 – £12.02 per hour.
UK visa sponsorship.
Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG.
Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available.
Company pension scheme.
28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
Group life assurance cover.
Wagestream – financial well-being and flexible access to pay as you need it.
Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
GP online – a service providing around-the-clock GP consultation via an interactive app – available to you and your children under 16.
An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their families access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental, and financial issues.
Excellent recognition schemes such as ‘Kindness in Care’ and Long Service Awards.
An attractive refer-a-friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role.
About the Job.
As a Senior Care Assistant at HC One, Kindness will be at the core of everything you do. It touches upon every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential, and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. And, by joining us, you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
Skilled Worker visa sponsorship is available to applicants who meet the criteria of 2 years of experience and currently reside in the UK. Please do not apply if you live outside of the UK, we are not able to accept your application at this time.
For you, that will mean planning and implementing the kind of care that will give our residents a real sense of security, dignity, and independence. You will get to know our residents and their families – helping to ensure we deliver truly personalized care plans. Leading a team of Care Assistants, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of care and you’ll be a real influence on the rest of the team. Whether you are showing someone how to use a walking frame, helping someone at the end of their life to eat a meal, or talking to a resident’s family on the phone, you’ll do so with a sense of kindness, above anything else. Assisting the Registered Nurse and Care Manager, you will be involved in providing essential physical and mental stimulation through a range of social and recreational activities, as well as administering medication.
One of your key responsibilities as Senior Care Assistant is to maintain accurate records of the job you do and build strong relationships with the rest of your team.
- Ideally, you’ll have an S/NVQ 2 or 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- A background in person-centered care planning and knowledge of caring for people with dementia. What’s essential, though, is your brilliant positive energy and natural ability to get along with people.
- You’ll know what good record-keeping looks like and be able to manage your time effectively. And, whenever you communicate with a resident or co-worker, you’ll be truly considerate and kind.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and therefore you must be able to recognize the signs that may indicate possible abuse, harm, or neglect in its different forms and know what to do if there are any concerns.
- All colleagues are required to attend safeguarding training appropriate to their role and to undertake additional training in associated areas.
- You also can seek appropriate advice and report concerns, including escalation if action is not taken.