Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Evening shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of healthcare services through an integrated network of sites, services, and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the supervision of the Patient Care Manager, and the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive services as delegated. The Health Care Aide demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region and Riverview Health Centre.
- 1 year of previous experience in providing rehabilitative, long-term care, or chronic care to patients/residents is preferred.
- Grade X.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized institution is required.
- Knowledge of basic nursing care principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices, and other relevant Workplace Safety and Health requirements/responsibilities.
- Knowledge of regional, site, and work area policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Skill in providing specialized and/or long-term nursing care to patients/residents.
- Skill in the application of appropriate techniques for patient/resident lifting, transferring, and mobilization.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in English both verbally and in written formats.
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Ability to select and use appropriate communication methods pertinent to the situation.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work safely without injury to self, to patients/residents, or other staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, family members, and coworkers.