Job role: Care and Support Worker (UK).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £20,319 a year
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part-time) per year.
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities.
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra day off.
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%.
- Life assurance covers three times your salary.
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members to.
- Tenancy deposit -; interest interest-free loan to help with rental deposits.
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with the Wisebox platform.
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organizational activity and link in with colleagues.
- Career progression across the organization with our mentoring program and apprenticeships.
- We are committed to the well-being of our colleagues and support this as an organization.
About the Job.
This is a great opportunity and a rewarding role for an experienced care and support worker to join our team. In this position you will:-
- Support People with various Learning Disabilities to remain as independent as possible.
- Be responsible for support plans and liaising with others
- Encourage customers to be as independent as possible and be involved in social activities so they are a valuable part of the community.
Previous experience as a support worker is essential and you will need basic literacy and IT skills for record keeping. All our services are supported housing where support is provided 24 hours a day.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Adult Barred list, once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.
- We are looking for a candidate who has a positive approach to life
- Someone who is looking for a rewarding career
- You will be driven by seeing customers facing and overcoming, new challenges daily.
- Previous experience in a similar position is preferred and ideally with experience in handling medication and safeguarding.