Job role: Personal Support.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $21.40 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Weekends as needed.
- Membership in Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- 4% vacation pay and 13% pay instead of fringe benefits (9% if enrolled in HOOPP).
- Employee & Family Assistant Program (EFAP).
- Wellness program, including an onsite gym.
About the Job.
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility boasts the best that both nature and technology can offer. We work in one of Canada’s most modern healthcare facilities and live in one of the country’s top outdoor adventure destinations. You can get from desk to dock in 10 minutes!
West Parry Sound Health Centre (WPSHC) has always employed an innovative planning approach aimed at integrating services. Faced with the challenges of rural care delivery, WPSHC has partnered in regional alliances and created internal programming solutions that have benefited patient care and improved services throughout the catchment area.
Today our uniquely integrated healthcare organization includes Lakeland Long Term Care, six Nursing Stations delivering care to rural communities, management of District ambulance services and dispatch, and a full range of in-patient and out-patient programs associated with a 90-bed acute care hospital.
As well as being recognized as a “pace-setter” hospital for its unbroken string of balanced budgets, WPSHC’s innovative approach to integration has benefited the community through more seamless local delivery of services, improved access to primary care, a wider understanding of local needs and the ability to respond as these needs continue to evolve. Additionally, these initiatives have resulted in cost savings through co-location and improved ‘point-of-service’ for clients.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous related experience within the past three (3) years;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate positive relationships;
- Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and positive work references;
- Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare programs;
- Courses in Behaviour Approach (such as GPA or restorative) are an asset.