Job role: Transport Driver.
Job Type: Permanent.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £22,816 – £24,336 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability
- Night shift.
About the Job.
Experienced Delivery Drivers with good customer care skills are required to work in a busy depot in Barnsley, performing deliveries to Hospitals in the Yorkshire/East Midlands area.
As a vital member of our team operating a 24/7 service, you will be providing a safe and professional service, collecting and delivering blood products, equipment, and staff to hospitals, blood centers, and blood collection sites throughout the country. This could include emergency ‘blue light’ deliveries.
We’re looking for an experienced driver holding a full UK driving license. This must include the C1 or C category, permitting you to drive vehicles up to and preferably including 7.5 tonnes. You should also be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines and have experience of dealing professionally with members of the public. You will be required to work evenings, weekends, nights, and bank holidays on a 24/7 roster. A uniform will be provided, and you will be given induction, training, and development opportunities.
In return, we can offer a friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued, together with a generous annual leave entitlement and an excellent pension scheme. This post also offers an attractive shift allowance/unsociable hours payment on top of the basic salary.
- You will be responsible for driving our vehicles for the collection, transportation, and delivery of blood and related products and equipment, including security, daily checks, and maintenance of the vehicles in your care.
- Your customer care skills will be important to ensure that our staff, donors, hospital staff, and members of the public have a positive experience of our organization
- You will be required to drive a variety of vehicles up to and including a 7.5 tonne, except in South London (Tooting), Basildon, Lancaster, and Southampton where you will be required to drive light goods vehicles up to 7.5 tonne.
- You will be required to operate digital handheld devices and complete electronic and paper-based records.
- You will be required to load, unload, assemble, and dismantle equipment regularly including heavy objects of up to 20 kg with and without lifting aids.
- On occasions, you will be required to undertake emergency “Blue Light” deliveries, for which training will be provided.
- The role will require you to work a 24-hour, 7 days per week shift system which will include variable hours and days, evening and night shifts, weekends, and bank holidays on a rostered basis.
- Possession of a valid driving license allowing you to drive in the UK with 6 points or less on your license which will be subject to a DVLA check is essential
- Possession of one of the categories C, C1, or C+E on your driving licence is essential in all areas other than South London (Tooting), Basildon, Lancaster, and Southampton where this requirement will be desirable
- Possession of Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC) or capability and willingness to undertake and maintain DCPC qualification is essential in all areas other than South London (Tooting), Basildon, Lancaster, and Southampton where this requirement will be desirable
- Experienced driver holding a full UK driving license.
- Experience in dealing with the public is essential
- Experience in working with information technology such as digital handheld devices, Microsoft Office, or other IT packages is essential