Job role: Home Care Attendant (Canada).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
About the Job.
The Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority is committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people at all levels within our workforce. We encourage successful Indigenous individuals to self-declare by completing a voluntary self-declaration as part of the application process.
Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset. Proficiency in both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions.
The Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All healthcare workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment by the Interlake-Eastern RHA Policy (GA-13-P-110 Required Immunizations for Health Care Workers).
The Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority delivers healthcare services on First Nation Treaty Territories 1, 2, 3, and 5 and the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect that First Nations treaties were made on these territories, acknowledge harms and mistakes, and dedicate ourselves to collaborating in partnership with First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples in the spirit of reconciliation.
- Certificate in Health Care Aide Course from an accredited college.
- Other combinations of education/experience may be considered at a commensurate classification/salary.
- Previous experience working with elderly or infirm is preferred.
- Ability to provide safe, effective, personal care in a manner that considers each individual’s need for comfort, privacy, and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, and coworkers; both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a healthcare team.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts.
- Access to an answering machine and /or call display.
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job.
- Satisfactory employment record.