Job role: Registered Nurses -Aged Care- Night Shifts.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $33 – $45 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Night shift
- Shift work.
- Flexible Shifts – Full-Time and Part-Time Available
- Grow Your Staff Referral Program (Opportunity to earn extra $$$$).
- Paid Infection Prevention Control Lead training and Study Leave.
- Ongoing professional development.
- A positive and supportive workplace culture.
- Employee Assistance & Well-Being Program.
- Discounts and Benefits through our Rewards Program, including vehicle financing through novated leasing and salary packaging for work-related expenses and superannuation.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance.
- Coordinate the completion of clinical care tasks and related clinical documentation.
- Constant monitoring of resident files, progress notes, lists, and observation charts.
- Ensure specialized nursing care needs are managed appropriately including but not limited to patches, injections, wound care, catheter care, diabetic care, and dangerous drugs.
- Coordinate and liaise with residents, their representatives, and all other health care professionals including doctors, pharmacy, physiotherapists, podiatrists, mental health consultants, and aged care assessment teams to ensure the provision of the best possible care to our residents.
- To ensure compliance is up to date with the organisation’s Medication Management policy and procedures.
- To promote an evidence-based process for defining infections and the re-enforcement of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program for the safe and appropriate prescribing and use of antimicrobials.
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Residential Aged Care.
- Current NDIS Workers Screening Check.
- Current Covid-19 Vaccinations (highly recommended).
- Experience in the re-accreditation process and related assessment visits through the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC).
- Broad knowledge of the Aged Care Industry, Aged Care Act, 1997, and subordinate principles.
- Strong knowledge of Aged Care Funding Instrument (AN-ACC).
- Excellent computer literacy and competency in electronic care systems.
- Experience in accessing Joanna Briggs’s “best practice” portal with a demonstrable understanding of contemporary nursing practice.
- Experience in Key Performance Indicators and an unambiguous understanding of clinical governance and accountability.
- Ability to manage a team to achieve high performance.