Job role: Personal Support Worker (PSW) – Long Term Care.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: $23.93–$25.77 per hour.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available for full-time and part-time employees.
- Employer RRSP contribution.
- Training in Montessori Methods for Dementia Care (Staging environments & engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful activity to enhance quality of life).
- Affordable access to our Fitness & Wellness Centre.
- Full-time, part-time, and casual positions.
- Excellent work environment.
- Our staff, leadership, and Board teams are progressive and supportive.
About the Job.
We are a private, non-profit organization committed to providing top-quality accommodations and care to senior citizens. We offer a variety of living arrangements to fit the needs of our residents, long-term care, supportive housing apartments, and wellness suites. We also have a strong mandate to meet their social, physical, health, and spiritual needs.
We pride ourselves on our ability to live our Mission of Excellence, Love, and Dignity, both with residents and staff. We provide a work environment where teamwork, staff involvement, and personal development are essential for success. Our staff, leadership, and Board are progressive thinkers and supportive of each other. We offer competitive benefits, excellent challenges, and opportunities.
- Provides safe and efficient personal care for residents including all activities of daily living to ensure optimum physical, social, recreational, spiritual and psychological well-being.
- Effectively communicates with residents, staff and families.
- Provides excellent customer service in a respectful, courteous and pleasant manner.
- Provides individualized service in a home-like setting.
- Adapt to changing needs of residents and be able to adjust service delivery, as required under the direction of the ADOC/DOC.
- Observe and report changes in resident’s status.
- Records necessary data on resident health and provision of service.
- Shares responsibility for the care of equipment in the home and personal belongings of residents.
- Works cooperatively with team members.
- Receives direction from registered staff.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, in-service sessions, training as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training and education in caring for seniors in long term care.
- Demonstrated experience in caring for seniors in long term care.
- Current CPR Certification is an asset.
- Valid PSW Certification.