Job role: Rehabilitation and Aged Care Nurse.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $69,000 – $92,000 per year.
- Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging.
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships, health insurance, and a comprehensive well-being program.
- Mentoring and career development opportunities.
- Car parking and end-of-journey facilities for cyclists.
- Six weeks annual leave.
About the Job.
Ward 9 is a 24-bed ward located at the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital Campus of Austin Health.? The Ward is a Geriatric Evaluation & Management Unit accepting admissions on a referral basis from the acute wards. The Unit has been established to provide care for older patients who have completed their acute episode of care and who need further assessment and planning about their long-term care needs.
The primary clinical purpose of? Geriatric Evaluation and Management (GEM) aims to improve the functioning of older people with multidimensional? health needs.
Ward 9 specializes in managing people who have complex and multiple medical, functional, and often cognitive conditions requiring a geriatric assessment. This service model provides specialist assessment and management by an interdisciplinary team where care, all assessment, and planning can occur
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia registration (Enrolled Nurse / Registered Nurse).
- Gerontology experience and knowledge.
- A commitment to quality, best practice, and environmental safety.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.