Job role: Senior Youth Support Worker – Daventry (Assessment Home)
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £29,366 – £33,195 per year.
Shift & Schedule: 8-hour shift.
- To be a part of a supportive team that provides a safe and loving home for five children and young people.
- Commitment to the home shift pattern of 8 x 15-hour shifts over 3-week periods – no more than 3 shifts per week.
- £43.47 per sleep-in shift completed (Staff members complete an average of 1 sleep-in per week – amount can vary per month depending on the needs of the home and rota).
- The attendance bonus scheme offers an earning potential of an additional £1400 per annum.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays with increases with length of service (up to 33 days after 5 years’ service)and ability to purchase additional annual leave.
- Learning & Development – Funded 3-week initial training course and access to a wide prospectus of training and development opportunities to support continued development.
- Awards & Recognition – From Long Service Awards to Non-Absence Awards, we recognize the hard work and effort our people put in and ensure we reward where we can.
- Medicash – claim back an annual cost of everyday healthcare, such as dental, optical treatment, and specialist treatment for yourself and your family members.
- Wellbeing Support – Employee Assistant Program (EAP) 24/7 access to support via phone, SMS, WhatsApp, and live chat. 8 free counseling sessions/short-term solutions provided. There is also an internal health and wellbeing team who are on hand and available to provide professional help and support during difficult times.
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme where employees can earn a £500.00 bonus every time for refer the right candidate to us.
- Shopping, Cinema, and Holiday discounts – you can also sign up for the Blue Light discount card for £4.99 for 2 years to access additional online and retail savings.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – A cost-effective solution to getting new cycling equipment.
- Subsidised days out and activities with our young people.
- Meals included during shifts
About the Job.
Homes2Inspire provides homes and services that are nurturing, warm and welcoming. Our caring staff teams are committed to providing safe, well-planned care to children and young people who have often faced real challenges in their early years.
Working in partnership with the local authority, the home will provide child-centered care to young people who need specific support and safeguarding. A working day in a Residential Childcare setting can be unpredictable with varying duties. As a Senior Support Worker, you will support the management team with directing roles and responsibilities to support workers and ensure the monitoring of children and young people’s behavior, safety, and well-being.
Effective communication skills and the ability to build relationships with others are vital! As a shift leader, the right candidate will lead by example, uphold standards, and ensure that safeguarding children and young people underpins all decisions made.
- Minimum 1 years experience working with children and young people in a residential setting.
- QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare or equivalent (In line with Ofsted requirements).
- Commitment to working a shift pattern including sleep-in duties.
- A full UK Driving Licence (preferred).