Job role: Nurse Unit Manager.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £22 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- 12-hour shift.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
- Excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities, and career prospects.
- Retail and lifestyle reward discounts.
- Free DBS check.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme.
- Paid NMC membership.
- Paid access to the RCNi Learning platform.
- 24/7 counseling and support.
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
About the Job.
In this role, you’ll work at a senior level, under the leadership of the Clinical Nurse Manager, to manage a team of nursing and care colleagues, drive quality, and maintain high standards of care on your unit.
As a Registered Nurse with us, you’ll be empowered to make a difference.
Our high staffing levels give you the time to provide truly person-centred nursing care, with a supportive team around you.
And our excellent training and career development pathways support you to be the best Nurse you can be.
Acer Mews is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Acer Mews will support adults living with complex mental health needs, acquired brain injuries, and physical disabilities. The new care home, located on Holden Street, will open in early 2024.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop, and progress.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a brand new team, you will be part of the journey from the very beginning, giving you a real opportunity to make your mark.
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you’ll be at the forefront of clinical care delivery for the people living in your designated unit.
- Leading your unit’s care and nursing teams to ensure we meet the medical, physical, and emotional needs of the people we support.
- Providing strong leadership to maintain and continuously develop high standards of care and drive continuous improvement.
- Overseeing and managing all your unit’s clinical elements and risks.
- Ensuring care plans and risk assessments are completed and reviewed promptly and reflect care interventions appropriately.
- Acting as the Named Nurse for residents allocated to you, with responsibility for the oversight, review, and update of their care profiles.
- The supervision and management of your unit’s ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording, and disposal of medication.
- A thorough understanding of best practice in nursing care.
- An excellent range of clinical and communication skills that you’re able to demonstrate.
- An enthusiastic approach to encouraging and motivating people.
- The ability to work confidently on your initiative.
- A good standard of digital skills.