Job role: Registered Nurse – Roston, Short Break Home.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £28,407 – £34,581 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- A suite of health and wellbeing initiatives to support our colleague’s physical and mental health.
- Free access to individual HARP portfolios to support revalidation for nursing staff.
- Free DBS checks where required.
- Discounts are available from retailers, UK hotels, and main attractions.
- NHS Pension Scheme.
- Salary sacrifice car scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The Trust reimburses all application costs for staff eligible to apply for EU settlement status.
About the Job.
Come and contribute your nursing skills to providing a warm and homely environment that meets the emotional, physical, cultural, religious, and spiritual needs of the child or young person requiring a residential short break with complex health needs
Children’s Services is looking to recruit to our Nursing Team at Roston, Camborne.
Roston is a two-bed Home, regulated by OFSTED which provides short breaks for children with a learning disability and complex health needs. This post will include weekends, bank holidays, and night work.
This is a permanent contract and will be primarily based in Roston although the post holder may be required to work at the other short break home on occasion. We are looking for a registered nurse with experience working with children with disabilities and health needs, but support, supervision, training, and teamwork will be provided.
- This role will assist the Ofsted Registered Manager in partnership with both family and other professionals in providing the appropriate care package, ensuring continuity and a consistent approach.
- To provide training and support to develop staff knowledge and skills that reflect the needs of each child and young person.
- To work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team, maintaining responsibility for a designated caseload of children who attend Roston.
- To have responsibility for leading a shift, working alongside skilled support staff, and providing a residential short break to the children and young people who attend Roston and on occasion Layland.
- To perform all functions of the post consistent with relevant legislation, such as The Children Act 1989/2004.
- Current professional registration – NMC.
- Professional qualification – RNLD, RSCN, Child Branch, RGN, RMN.
- Evidence of professional updating (CPD).
- Clinical skills (e.g. enteral feeding, medication administration, care of sick child).
- Recognized training in the care of the sick child or willingness to undertake.
- Post-registration experience of caring for children with complex health needs/learning disabilities.
- Experience in coordinating and or managing patient care.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-agency setting.
- Possession of a relevant degree or working towards a relevant degree.
- Teaching or training qualification.
- Experience of working within a residential short break provision.
- Excellent experience in caring for children with challenging behavior.
- Experience in assessing, developing, and implementing positive behavior support plans.