Job role: Registered Nurse.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Lake Macquarie NSW.
Salary: $35.33 – $49.60 per hour.
- Four weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part-time employees).
- Up to 12 allocated days off each year (for full-time employees).
- Superannuation contributions 11%.
- Salary packaging – Up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing.
- Fitness Passport.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members.
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals.
About the Job.
Morisset Hospital provides extended care Mental Health Rehabilitation to consumers under the Mental Health Act and the Forensic Mental Health Act with a focus on developing skills and building resilience.
Join us and be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, receiving support and guidance from experienced professionals such as the Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), and Clinical Nurse Consultant (CNC). They will also have a key role within their allocated unit and will directly report to the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM), indicating a level of responsibility and importance in their position.
Engage in a dynamic environment where you will play a pivotal role in providing safe, compassionate, and person-centred care. Collaborate closely with patients, their families, carers, and a diverse multidisciplinary team. This holistic approach ensures that care is comprehensive, addressing not only the medical aspects but also considering the individual’s unique needs and goals.
Contribute to the rehabilitation journey of individuals within the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Unit. Your role will be instrumental in helping patients achieve identified goals and outcomes. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of those undergoing psychiatric rehabilitation, fostering a sense of accomplishment and fulfilment in your nursing practice.
Working in the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Unit provides a unique opportunity to enhance your skills in psychiatric nursing, broaden your understanding of mental health, and develop expertise in collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. Your contributions will be integral to the success of the unit, fostering both personal and professional growth.
- Exhibit qualities of compassion, resilience, and emotional strength. Working in mental health nursing can be emotionally demanding, requiring individuals to navigate complex situations.
- Demonstrate a profound ability to empathize with individuals.
- Ability to maintain composure, offer unwavering support, and bounce back from challenging experiences, contributing to a positive and supportive care environment.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA.