Job role: Drivers – Casual Workers
Country: United Kingdom.
- Flexibility to choose the shifts that work for you.
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Free parking.
- Holiday accrual.
About the Job.
At Biocair our Drivers, or Life Science Logistics Technicians as we prefer them to be known, are a truly vital part of our organisation. This is not just any driver role; it is not just any courier role. This is one of the most crucial roles in our company where what you do will make a true impact on someone’s life. It is something you can be proud to be associated with. It is not about dropping 200 parcels in one day, it’s about ensuring you transport a select number of time-critical and temperature-sensitive consignments (whether medicines or a sample from a cancer patient) in a safe, careful, and timely manner whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer care. This is a busy and fast-paced role with customer care being at the centre of all you do.
This is a UK-based role and the right to live and work in the UK will need to be established during the recruitment process. Please note we are not currently a Home Office visa sponsorship license holder.
Biocair provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- The preparation and packaging of all specialist packaging and temperature-controlled consignments including Ambient Packing”; “Refrigerated Packing”; Frozen Packing; “Dry Ice Packing”; “Infectious Substances Packing”; “Dangerous Goods Packing” and Liquid Nitrogen ensuring all mandatory procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring all the correct documentation is accurately completed and processed with the shipment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle and completing daily vehicle checks.
- Responsible for building positive working relationships with other drivers, departments, and management to deliver excellent communication and customer service and working proactively to overcome problems and implement process improvements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A full and valid UK Category B driving license (manual license), with a maximum of 3 points.
- Previous 3.5t van driving experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working well under time pressure as well as the ability to check and maintain accurate documentation.
- Experience working within the pharmaceutical industry (ideally in a logistics setting) is preferred.
- Resilience, the ability to build strong working relationships and be a true team player.