Job role: Long-term Care Attendant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Part-time.
Location: Kamloops, BC.
Shift & Schedule:
- Night shift.
- Rotating shift.
- Evening shift.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Employer-paid training/education opportunities.
- Generous Vacation Entitlement.
- Employer Paid Health Benefits.
- Municipal Pension Plan.
- Competitive wages.
About the Job.
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work-life balance are promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provides care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RNs and LPNs, LTCAs have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional, and social needs are supported while promoting maximum independence.
Overlander Extended Care is a 183-bed individual care facility located in the heart of Kamloops’ Brocklehurst area, which believes that each individual is a unique and valuable individual who will be treated with respect and dignity. We encourage the involvement of individuals, their families, and friends in decision-making.
Overlander has two private palliative care rooms, which have recently been updated for the comfort of the individuals and their families. The building has two main wings and each wing has its own dining room and lounge areas. Meals are prepared on-site and delivered to the dining rooms in hot meal carts and served individually.
- Assist with personal care and activities of daily living.
- Assist with mobility, transfers, and related equipment.
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition.
- Accompany clients on outings and during social activities.
- Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks.
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry (please include your active number).
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.