Job role: Registered Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Brentwood Bay.
Salary: $28.74 per hour.
- Competitive salary.
- Regular check-ins with your supervisor.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- Generous vacation and paid time off.
- BC Municipal Pension Plan with employer contributions.
- Access to ongoing education and training opportunities.
About the Job.
Beacon Community Services is looking for caring and compassionate Registered Care Aides looking to make a meaningful impact on residents’ lives. This is an incredible opportunity for you to be part of our growing healthcare family! We have multiple full-time, part-time, and casual positions available both days and nights.
We are an award-winning local non-profit that has served the Greater Victoria area for nearly 50 years. We are committed to providing top-notch resident care and promoting a culture of excellence. Our team is dedicated to creating a warm and supportive environment where healthcare professionals can thrive and our residents receive the best possible care.
- Assist and facilitate residents to independently complete personal care tasks.
- Promote and facilitate appropriate relationships with families, friends, and community members.
- Support a clean and tidy environment by assisting in housekeeping tasks as required.
- Collaborate with other team members in adapting and adjusting programs and equipment to meet the physical, cognitive, and social needs of residents.
- Graduation from a recognized Health Care Aide or Resident Care Attendant Program and Activity Assistant Program.
- Previous experience in a long-term care setting is preferred.
- Passion for resident-centred care and a strong sense of empathy.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Dedication to continuous learning and professional growth.