Strong Group are currently working with an established & respected freight organisation in the Greater London area who are actively searching for an experienced Business Development Manager to Join their London Branch.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
–Location: Greater London
–40 Hours Per Week -Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am to 5:30pm
–Hybrid Role (2 days WFH) -Salery: £40,000-£50,000 (DOE)
Our client is a market leader in the UK, EU, Asia & USA for logistics solutions. Trading for over 30 years were they have been offering specialist bespoke solutions to the international freight forwarding industry.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all assigned customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders and be able to gather and analyse data to write reports.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Collaborate with the wider business development team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed to prevent any issues in operational and financial side.
- Monitor and report on market trends, developments, and competitor activities.
- Liaise with freight forwarders and other third parties to provide quotes and ensure timely and accurate import/export processes and paperwork.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to imports and exports.
- Cover for other members of the team during busy periods
As the Business Development Manager, you are pivotal to our Business Development team, overseeing the import and export of products from our international suppliers and partners. You’ll collaborate with a team of professionals to ensure that all accounts assigned to you are managed efficiently and in compliance with both international and domestic regulations. You will spearhead the entire import/export process, beginning with coordinating with suppliers, negotiating contracts, and ensuring the timely deliveries of our products.
Business Development Manager Qualifications and Skills
- Highly motivated and passionate professional.
- Proven work experience as an Business development Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager within Freight work
- Experiences, with a good track record in 3rd party warehousing & Order fulfilment business
- Familiarity with international trade regulations
- 2+ years of experience in import and export operations
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs and foresee the customer needs.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Ability to travel to designated markets
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Familiarity with international trade regulations and customs clearance processes for in and out of the UK.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and other computer software related to the field.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Business Development Manager Benefits
- Hybrid Working
- Landing bonus
- Lifetime commission
- Satisfactory reference checks
- No unspent criminal convictions
- Legal right to work in the UK (visa sponsorship available for the right candidate)
Please contact me with your updated CV for more details: email@example.com / 0203 006 8408.