Job role: UK Out of Hours Dispatcher
Job Type: Permanent
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £25,468 – £27,486 per year
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability
- Company pension.
- Life insurance.
- Sick pay.
About the Job.
The Out of Hours Dispatcher will in partnership with NHS24 assist in providing an efficient and effective clinical service for the people of Lanarkshire in the out-of-hours period when their own GP is not available. Ensure accurate and considered dispersal of patient information, which has been determined by medical staff is completed in line with the allotted timescales.
We proudly serve a population of 655,000 across rural and urban communities in both North and South Lanarkshire. NHS Lanarkshire is comprised of Acute Services (which currently provides hospital-based services over 3 main sites), Corporate & Property & Support Services, and North and South Lanarkshire Health and Social Care Partnerships which provide integrated primary healthcare and social care services to local communities and surrounding areas.
- SVQ level 3 or equivalent NHS experience preferably in an Out of Hours Service, or similar Call Centre ideally in an Emergency Service environment i.e. Ambulance/Police Service.
- Knowledge of a range of standard operating procedures and practices, as well as knowledge of software programs (Adastra) acquired through in-house training.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility, and initiative and be able to make decisions in a pressurized environment.
- Understanding of a range of work procedures which can often be nonroutine.
- A good geographical knowledge of Lanarkshire.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.