Job role: Health Care Assistant
Job sector: Healthcare
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Salary: $20,090 per year
Shift & Schedule: Weekends needed, evening shifts and day shifts
About the Job.
Consistent with the French Language Services Policy of the Government of Manitoba and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority’s French Language Services Policy, the WRHA is committed to offering services in French and English in designated program/service areas serving francophone communities in Winnipeg. THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED BILINGUAL.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months before the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
- Demonstrate ability to provide continuous quality patient care.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Accept and work within the framework of the Hospital and Nursing Service’s philosophy, objectives, and policies.
- Under the direction of the RN, provide designated/delegated aspects of patient care.
- Maintain and clean equipment and carry out other duties related to maintaining a safe, clean environment.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem-solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Participate as a supportive and contributing member of the healthcare team.
- Respond to “Codes” as required.
- Completed Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Completion of a recognized Health Care Assistant course required or currently enrolled in a University Nursing Program and have completed year two (2).
- Friends and Family training is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support is required for positions in Emergency, Intensive Care, and Central Relief Teams.
- Must be able to speak French at the predetermined linguistic level.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write, speak, and understand English.
- The ability to complete the position regularly.