Job role: Canada Social Worker.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Location: Kenora, ON.
Salary: $1,232–$1,564 per week.
- Disability insurance.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits which include adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability insurance.
- Collegial and professional work culture.
- Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas.
- We provide on-the-job training to support your success in the role.
About the Job.
Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your expertise in social work? The Kenora Jail of the Ministry of the Solicitor General, Ontario Public Service is looking for an experienced Social Worker to provide professional social work services in the assessment, treatment, and community re-integration of female inmates using a woman-centred approach.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is one of the largest employers in the province, with a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We believe in the core values of trust, fairness, diversity, excellence, creativity, collaboration, efficiency and responsiveness. We are committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
This position qualifies for the Northern Attraction Incentive Program (NAIP). NAIP is a pilot recruitment program that offers financial incentives to new hires in specific positions in designated institutions and probation and parole offices in Northern Ontario, including external candidates to the Ontario Public Service and existing employees who agree to work for a term of three years.
- Formulate discharge plans in full collaboration with professionals and inmates.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Prepare and maintain assessments and statistical reports.
- Provide rehabilitative programs and counseling.
- Participate in social work research activities and evaluate treatment programs and services.
- Provide social work consultation and training to staff.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience with theories, principles, and practices of social work normally acquired through a Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.) or Master of Social Work (M.S.W.).
- You can develop rehabilitative treatment plans, conduct psycho-social assessments, facilitate individual/group therapy, provide crisis intervention, and implement programs for female offenders.
- You know the area of sexual abuse, and addiction recovery, as well as gender-responsive and trauma-informed practice.
- You can provide professional, woman-sensitive social work services in the assessment, treatment, and community reintegration of offenders.
- You know of community resources/services and organizations to coordinate services for offenders and formulate discharge plans.
- You can develop cooperative, professional relationships with staff and a variety of clients and stakeholders.
- You can prepare and present clinical and related information, reports, and discharge plans clearly and concisely.
- You can advocate for gender-responsive practices, policies, services, placements, and programs.
- You have strong written communication skills.
- You have demonstrated tact, discretion, and sensitivity to discuss problems and options with female inmates in crisis.
- You have planning and organizational skills to manage your priorities, meet the needs of the treatment team, and prepare discharge plans.
- You can use computer software applications and databases to input and retrieve offender data, prepare reports, and maintain case documentation and statistics.