Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Part-time.
Country: Canada .
Location: Stony Plain, AB.
Salary: $19.91–$24.95 per hour.
- Work/life balance.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive wages.
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees.
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees.
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Employee recognition events.
About the Job.
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long-term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
- The Health Care Aide collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to ensure resident/client care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, spirituality, and individuality inclusive of a home-like environment:
- Recognizes residents/clients as unique individuals with unique cultural, spiritual, and psychosocial needs.
- Advocate for our residents/clients and observe and collaborate with the team to report any changes in the residents/clients’ condition as well as any residents/clients’ needs or concerns.
- Engage in activities of daily living and respond to residents/clients’ needs for assistance with bathing, dressing, meal service, grooming, and portering while respecting the resident’s/clients choice.
- Provides quality service according to the care plan and the GSS/GSC Standards of Care including the development and updating of care guides/plans.
- Promotes teamwork by helping others as a peer coach through the sharing of knowledge and experience to enhance residents’/clients care.
- Recognized Health Care Aide Certificate or equivalent.
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Alberta: Registration with the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory.
- Alberta: Food Safe Basic or equivalent.
- BC: Registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
- BC: Food Safe 1 (post-July 29, 2013) or equivalent.
- Able to communicate information in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously and positively with residents/clients, resident’s family, visitors and team members.
- Demonstrates flexibility by changing routine to accommodate residents/clients needs.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and if applicable a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days before the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months before the hire date.