Job role: Nursing Assistant (Unit Clerk Assistant)
Job sector: Healthcare
Location: Winnipeg, MB.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Evening shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months before the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% dependent on unit, occupancy, and shift).
- Position may involve physical activity such as lifting, transferring, and transporting patients and equipment.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of both the Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk programs required.
- Friends and Family training” is required upon hire, with ongoing training in Compressions to be provided as per Code Blue Policy.
- Basic keyboarding skills (30-50 words per minute) required.
- Medical terminology( 75% pass mark) required.
- Demonstrated excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional, site, and unit policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem-solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc.
- Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Position may involve physical activity such as.