Job role: Support Worker.
Job Type: Casual.
Location: Tamworth NSW 2340.
Salary: $40.26 an hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Night shift.
- Rotating roster.
- Shift work.
- Gym membership.
- Health insurance.
- Insurance services.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Salary packaging.
About the Job.
We are currently seeking several enthusiastic and motivated Support Workers to join our Tamworth team on a casual basis.
Reporting to the Coordinator, you will be required to appropriately support customers with opportunities to reach their individual goals through meaningful activities in our Accommodation Services.
These are female-only positions.
Being Female (sex) is a genuine occupation requirement of the role. As such, and under Part 3 s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) application for this role is only open to individuals who are Female (sex).
This role would be suited to those with a genuine desire to promote independence and inclusion in society of people with disabilities or developmental delays as well as a desire to support individuals to have a voice, choice, and exercise control over their own lives to achieve their individual goals.
- Experience in the disability sector.
- Experience supporting customers with personal care.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of our customers.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with our customers and to support their care plans, as appropriate.
- Experience supporting customers with psychosocial disability, dementia, Intellectual disability, Acquired brain injuries, epilepsy, and behaviors of concern.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster; you will be required to work across morning, afternoon, and active night shifts, including weekend and public holiday shifts.
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- NSW Working With Children Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Check (or willingness to obtain).
- NDIS Worker Orientation Certificate – “Quality, Safety & You”.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain).