Job role: Health Care Aide – Comfort Care Aide (Canada).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Penticton, BC.
Salary: $18.25 per hour.
- Work/life balance.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive wages.
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees.
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees.
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Employee recognition events.
About the Job.
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long-term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
- Recognized Health Care Aide Certificate or equivalent.
- Grade 12 or GED.
- First Aide.
- Alberta: Registration with the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory.
- Alberta: Food Safe Basic or equivalent.
- BC: Registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
- BC: Food Safe 1 (post-July 29, 2013) or equivalent.
- Able to communicate information in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal courteously and positively with residents/clients, resident’s family, visitors and team members.
- Demonstrates flexibility by changing routine to accommodate residents/clients needs.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and Clearance Letter before the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months before the hire date.