Job role: Clinical Lead.
Job sector: Healthcare
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £45,075 per year.
Shift & Schedule:
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Premium Payments for any shifts worked above the contracted hours are paid at £26 per hour.
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme worth £500.
- Fantastic support with Induction through the Quality Matters Manager.
- Fantastic support with Learning and development – fully funded clinical skills and mandatory training.
- Full support if required with Revalidation.
- Free access to the Royal Marsden Clinical Procedures Manual – online which also supports Revalidation.
- RCNi eLearning system coming on board during 2018 to support learning & development and validation.
- Joint working with DMU, Hull & Lincoln Universities to provide student placements at the employer’s homes with additional benefits for nurses to gain mentorship and leadership qualifications.
- Career opportunities within company to progress to Clinical Lead, Nurse Manager, Regional Support Manager, and Director level.
- DBS check provided free of charge.
- Uniforms, drinks, and parking are provided free of charge.
About the Job.
This role is ideal for an experienced Clinical Lead/Registered Nurse wanting to escape London, lower the cost of living and improve work-life balance. Visa sponsorship is provided, however, you must hold a current NMC pin.
Our client, a well-established CQC-registered Care Home operator with 60+ properties throughout the UK, is on the lookout for a passionate and dedicated Clinical Lead to join their friendly team on a full-time basis.
This role will be based in one of the company’s care homes in Scunthorpe. The Care Village has been specially designed to cater to the every need of 146 residents, across three buildings on the site. Typically residents live with a range of age-related health conditions, physical disabilities, and mental health conditions that require dignified support from our caring team. Additionally, many residents are living with Dementia and may also require one-to-one personal support to maintain their daily independence. Candidates for this role must be therefore patient, understanding and respectful of our resident’s abilities.
- To carry responsibility for the management of the nursing services in liaison with the Care Home Manager.
- Take a leadership role for your team by ensuring staff skills are managed, and supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- To promote, role model, and maintain a high standard of nursing care including the home environment.
- To ensure effective induction of new nursing staff, provide ongoing clinical supervision of trained staff and where applicable mentorship and assessment of student nurses.
- To work within the NMC Code and CQC standards alongside the employer’s internal policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and best practice guidance.
- Plan, direct, and deliver high-quality person-centred care through the care planning process, championing independence and personal choice.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management, ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored, and administered.
- To monitor the quality of nursing care provided through effective auditing and undertaking of corrective action as required by the Care Home Manager.
- To undertake staff reviews through supervision, annual appraisal, and team meetings.
- To evaluate the performance of the nursing team ensuring that duties are performed effectively, and attitudes and behaviors reflect the NMC Code.
- To be up to date on and follow the relevant procedures contained within the employer’s policy files that affect your job and responsibilities.
- Take an active role in training the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the employer’s Workforce Development team to ensure that staff are kept up to date with current practices and good practice developments.
- Maintain accurate and relevant documentation and reports to reflect practice and planned development.
- To deputize for the Care Home Manager and take responsibility for the management of the building in the absence of the Care Home Manager if requested.
- To ensure the provision of emergency treatment for all clients when required by the nursing team.
- Be accountable to the Care Home Manager for all duties and responsibilities through;
- Identifying any areas of concern as soon as possible.
- Attendance at Team meetings/supervisions as required.
- Annual staff appraisal.