Job role: Collections and Delivery Driver.
Job Type: Full-time
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £11.33 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- Holiday trading.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package.
- Free life assurance of 4 x salary on joining the pension scheme.
- Free onsite parking for all employees.
- Health Kiosks visit every location.
- Discounted shopping from 100’s of retailers including up to 5% off your weekly supermarket shop.
- Milestone Days off to celebrate with your family and friends.
- Free eye tests and support with the cost of glasses.
About the Job.
Join us on our journey as we aim to be the UK’s most sustainable delivery company, whilst ensuring our customers continue to receive a world-class service. As a collection and delivery driver, you represent the business every day and are vital to providing a service that genuinely makes a difference to our customers.
You don’t need to have any previous experience to join our team, just bring yourself and a positive attitude (plus a full UK driving license held for 12 months or more), and we will do the rest!
DPD is passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive, and socially responsible.
We understand the needs of our employees so we offer stability through permanent contracts, guaranteed hours, and the ability to increase your earnings with overtime paid at premium rates. You can plan whilst also building a career with us.
Along with job security, the tools to do the job, and a competitive salary, you’ll receive fantastic benefits starting on day one, including never working on your birthday ever again!!!
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Being a collections and delivery driver for DPD you’ll often be the first point of contact that our customers have with us, so providing a great service when you hand over a parcel is just as important as delivering the parcel on time.
Your shift will start at the depot where you’ll assist with loading parcels. We’ll give you a delivery schedule for the day and then you’re on the road, driving our 3.5-tonne van and making multi-drop collections and deliveries around the area.
- Held a full UK driving license and had regular driving experience for 12 months or more.
- Recognize the value of providing great customer service.
- Can work to deadlines, are flexible, and always go above and beyond.
- Are friendly, approachable, positive, resourceful, and professional.
- Can multi-task and problem-solve.