Job role: Health Care Aide – Training Program.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Casual
Location: Trochu, AB.
Salary: $20.78 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Night shift.
- Evening shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Description: The Health Care Aide (HCA) provides basic nursing care to patients/residents as directed, assists with activities of daily living, and performs other activities necessary to meet the personal needs of patients/residents. The HCA maintains and promotes patient/resident safety, comfort, privacy, dignity, and independence, and performs duties to maintain an aesthetic environment. The HCA is responsible for the provision of care by established standards, and the Mission, Vision, Values, policies and procedures of Covenant Health. This position is covered by the terms and conditions of the AUPE Auxiliary Nursing Collective Agreement.
- Classification: Health Care Aide
- Union: COV AUPE AUX
- Unit and Program: Long-Term Care
- Primary Location: St. Mary’s Health Care Centre
- Location Details: As Per the Location
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.00
- Posting End Date: 22-SEP-2023.
- Employee Class: Casual/Relief.
- Date Available: 01-NOV-2023.
- Hours per Shift: 7.75 or 11.08.
- Length of Shift in weeks: Varied.
- Shifts per cycle: Varied.
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends.
- Days Off: Other.
- Minimum Salary: $20.78.
- Maximum Salary: $25.26.
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable.
Required Qualifications: Active status on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory. Students currently enrolled in an approved Alberta nursing program who have completed: 1) a continuing care or medicine unit placement, 2) either Year 1 of a practical nursing program; or Year 2 of a baccalaureate nursing or psychiatric nursing program, and 3) knowledge and experience with medication assistance; will be considered. Candidates who are In Progress on the Directory may be considered. Candidates will be required to provide proof of Active enrolment on the Directory. Physically able to assist with all aspects of patient/resident care and transport, e.g. walking, standing, bending, and lifting. Must be able to understand written and verbal directions in English