Job role: Local Class 1 Delivery Driver.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Sidney, BC
Salary: From $35.76 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Overtime.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, and Dental after 30 days of employment.
- FULL flex benefits program with Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts.
- Disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Boot reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Profit sharing.
- RRSP Matching.
- Local routes – guaranteed to be home every day!
- Exclusive offers to employees on GFS Products.
- Discounts from selected Vendors.
- Company Events throughout the year!
- Family culture.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- 125+ years of family-owned company history.
About the Job.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here’s a glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There’s a seat at our table for you…
The Delivery Service Rep. will be responsible for making deliveries to our customers. This position is located out of Sidney BC.
- Correctly offloading products, recording of delivery information, accepting payment for goods when required, and ensuring operational vehicle safety in all aspects.
- Collaborates with the Manager, Assistant Transportation Manager, and/or dispatcher for work assignments, changes in assignments, and on-time delivery performance.
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer temperature, and report mechanical issues and damages promptly.
- Complete daily check-ins promptly with no errors.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check-in process accurately and on time. Manage paperwork to include registration, credits, pick-ups, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Class 1 license with clean driver abstract.
- This position requires punctuality, problem-solving, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team environment.
- Must be goal-oriented with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull, and carry heavy items (up to 80 lbs).