Job role: School Bus Driver.
Job Type: Part-time.
Location: Whitby, ON.
Salary: $21.40–$21.75 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Night shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- On call.
- Professional experience is not required. We provide FREE Training.
- We are most interested in hiring dependable, caring people, who like dealing with the public, helping children, and who are truly committed to SAFETY.
- Salary is from $21.40 to $21.75 per hour.
- Hours range from 15 to 25 hours per week.
Many of our drivers are:
- Stay-at-home Moms and dads.
- Realtors and other people with flexible home-based businesses.
- Shift workers looking for supplemental income.
- First Responders.
- Pilots & Flight Attendants.
- Taxi drivers.
- Transit drivers.
- Seasonal workers.
About the Job.
Durhamway Bus Lines: A foundation of service, quality, and energetic community-minded people working together to help your children arrive at school safely daily.
Durhamway is the perfect opportunity for you. AM/PM routes, on-call, and spare driver positions are available. Field Trips, Charter, and Excursion work are optionally available as well. As a Steady Part-time School Bus Driver, you can earn a steady income supplement without having to work nights, weekends, holidays, or school breaks.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicles.
- Communicate with passengers, schools, dispatchers &/or other drivers.
- Drive school buses to transport children between school and home &/or on field trips & charters.
- Ensure children’s safety when boarding and leaving buses and crossing the street.
- Maintain control of student activities during travel to prevent distractions or behaviors that could compromise safety.
- Solid Customer Service Skills and Experience.
- Valid Class “G” or higher Driver’s License, for at least 3 years.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Medical examination.
- Clean criminal record check / vulnerable sector screening.