Job role: Weekend Van Driver (UK).
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Location: Salford M5.
Salary: £8,761 per year.
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability.
- A lively, friendly working environment.
- Subsidized gym membership, healthcare, pensions, life assurance, and employee assistance programs.
About the Job.
At YMCA we are passionate about improving young lives and we care about the environment and local communities. Our stores rely and thrive on the donations made by local people and we need to collect and deliver donated items within the communities we serve.
As a Van Driver, you will directly support the amazing charity work that we do as we continue to expand our retail network. Some weekend and bank holiday work will be required.
As an employer committed to inclusivity, we welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. Safer recruitment is important to us and the successful applicant will be asked to provide two references. They will also be required to complete a safeguarding self-declaration and undertake a DBS check.
YMCA was set up in England in 1844 and is now the largest and oldest youth charity in the world. Operating in 119 countries, each country is governed by a national council.
YMCA England & Wales is the national council for 116 YMCAs across England and Wales. Each YMCA is an independent charity that affiliates to YMCA England & Wales.
While YMCAs work and respond locally to support young people, YMCA England & Wales supports each local charity to deliver one or all five of our work areas: Accommodation, Family Work, Health and Wellbeing; Training and Education, and Support and Advice.
We support local YMCAs by promoting high standards of working and sharing best practices. We drive the national brand strategy, campaigns, and policy and research, advising and supporting YMCAs to engage communities, stakeholders, and supporters locally.
We give YMCAs a national voice by speaking with the government, key policymakers, and national media, and we represent them by advocating the needs of young people in England and Wales.
Our Fundraising department and Retail operation, which spans across the country, provide us with the funds to help young people reach their full potential
- You will have a can-do approach to your work and a determination to play your part in ensuring that the YMCA continues to make a difference in the lives of young people and local communities. You will need to have a positive outlook and the ability to support our retail stores in delivering an excellent customer experience.
- You will be able to undertake a physically demanding role and experience of moving and handling goods would be advantageous.
- You will need to have a full driving license along with experience in loading and carrying goods and have a good understanding of health and safety procedures and compliance.