Job role: Lead Endoscopy Practitioner.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £38,000 – £42,000 per year.
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme.
- Refer to a friend scheme.
- Company pension.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Bluelight Card- 100’s of discount and cashback options.
- Performance review with a training and development plan.
- Employee discounts portal.
- Gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Tech scheme.
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship is available.
About the Job.
The role will be to support the hospital manager in the effective management of the Endoscopy Department ensuring the day-to-day operation reflects the highest standard of governance, clinical effectiveness, and standards of care.
You will use your advanced knowledge and experience to guide and support your team whilst actively being involved in the delivery of patient care.
You will contribute significantly to the delivery of CHEC’s endoscopy strategy, ensuring JAG accreditation is supported.
Community Health and Eyecare is an independent service provider that specializes in Ophthalmology and Endoscopy services supporting the NHS. CHEC is an established group of hospitals and community clinics across the UK. Our bespoke state-of-the-art surgical centers are a beacon of envy, providing end-to-end care for our patients through NHS partnerships.
We have 5 core values that we uphold through our employee and patient lifecycle to ensure a pleasant experience for all. These are Caring, Passionate, Togetherness, Listening, and Focus, something that all our colleagues are expected to naturally uphold here at CHEC.
- Support in the management of the endoscopy service, ensuring that the highest quality of patient-centred care is delivered.
- Plan and provide quality care across the whole endoscopy patient pathway.
- Provide a safe environment and act on any discrepancies or issues that may affect patient safety.
- Provide specialist advice and support when required.
- Ensure equipment and recourses are available for upcoming endoscopy sessions.
- Participate in the care and decontamination of endoscopes. Including accurate records of traceability of the endoscopes and accessories.
- Provide day-to-day management and motivation to all staff.
- Maintaining good communication within the department and keeping staff informed of all relevant hospital information and changes.
- A registered practitioner with the NMC or HCPC.
- At least 1-year previous experience as registered practitioner or equivalent in Endoscopy service.
- Experience with JAG accreditation.
- Passion for high-quality patient safety and care.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience.
- Previous management or team leader experience.