Job role: Health Care Aide.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Kelowna, BC.
Salary: $28.74 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Night shift.
- Evening shift.
- Day shift.
- Dental care.
- Extended health care.
- RRSP match.
About the Job.
The Vineyards Residence is a state-of-the-art five-story, 134-suite residence, offering specialized, enhanced assisted living and memory care services to the Okanagan region.
The residence is designed so that it is broken up into distinct cottages, or neighborhoods, each with only 16 or 17 suites. Activity/common areas are located at the center of every neighborhood so that dining and activities are only ever a few doors away. This also creates a “small home environment” that allows for relationships with a smaller number of neighbors and caregivers, to support structure and familiarity.
In addition to all the typical amenities and common areas, the building includes very large suites, in-suite laundry, Surgically Clean Air (to limit the spread of airborne infections), memory boxes, a 5-story glass atrium, an in-house restaurant known as The Bluff Pub, The Vista Lounge and Dining Room, a gym, therapy rooms, a large bus for outings, balconies with expansive views, and a cafÃ©- all of which are accessible to all residents.
- Assisting with direct residents ADLâ€™s.
- Encouraging our residents to maintain as much of their independence as possible.
- Assistance with dining service and meal delivery.
- Assistance with meals with residents needs to ensure adequate nutrition is met.
- Complete required electronic documentation for the accuracy of residents’ needs were met.
- Provides companionship and always engages with residents throughout shift.
- Performing clerical duties at times.
- Demonstrating knowledge of safety for residents and team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- BC Care Aid Registry in Good Standing (required).
- Criminal Record Check, working with Vulnerable Adults.
- Mandatory Vaccination for COVID is required upon hire, as per PHO.
- Working with Residents with Dementia/ Alzheimerâ€™s (preferred).
- Equivalent combination of Grade 12 graduation, plus graduation from the Health Care Aide Program that is recognized, that has a dementia component included or other training and experience.