Job role: Standby Bus Driver.
Job Type: Part-time.
Salary: $1,538 per month.
Shift & Schedule: 8-hour shift.
- Maintain the vehicle logbook in the form and manner prescribed by the Minister of Education.
- Complete forms/documentation as required by the department on the maintenance and operation of the.
- Bus washing.
- The driver will be responsible for keeping the bus clean inside and out.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent. Prior learning experience will also be considered.
- Must have a valid Class 2 Driver’s License and Manitoba School Bus Certificate.
- Minimum yearly 8-hour follow-up training required.
- Ability to interact with students, staff, and the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Trained in CPR/First Aid is considered an asset.
- Physically able to meet the demands of situations including emergency bus evacuations.
- Must have excellent driving record and work history acceptable to the school division.
- Must provide a current driver’s abstract.
- Resides within a reasonable distance of the designated route.