Job role: Registered Nurse Emergency Department.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $71,333 – $95,378 per year.
- Permanent positions available, option for Full Time or Part Time.
- Up to $10,000 relocation incentive available to eligible international candidates relocating from New Zealand to Melbourne.
- Base annual salary AUD 71,333 to $95,378 plus allowances (as per the Victorian Public Sector Enterprise Agreement)
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay.
- Visa sponsorship is available for successful applicants if required.
About the Job.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a public hospital delivering care to the growing community of the West of Melbourne. We are recruiting, to increase our workforce profile, to meet the growing need of our community. We are excited to hear from Registered Nurses with at least 3 years acute experience, wishing to relocate to work in Australia. Our Emergency Department provides care to over 50,000 patients annually of which 25% are pediatric patients. We have an exciting growth strategy that will lay the foundation for our future growth including a $110 million 2-storey Emergency Department due for completion in 2026.
Our community is culturally diverse with 1 in 2 families being born overseas. Patients present with a variety of medical and surgical conditions providing staff with opportunities to expand their knowledge and skills in a supportive environment. Joining our team you will work in a collaborative, driven, and supportive multidisciplinary team including Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health, and Clerical Staff with the primary focus of delivering patient-centred timely care.
- Provide timely patient-centered care to patients, families, and carers using a holistic approach.
- Demonstrate excellent clinical knowledge and assessment skills.
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure the best clinical outcomes and experience for patients and their families.
- Work in established nurse–patient ratios.
- Enjoy work life balance with flexible rostering options; Full-time, Part-time permanent, and fixed term positions available.
- If you are ready for a challenge and you want to provide evidence-based holistic care – this is a job for you!
- Current Registered Nurse Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand, and eligibility for Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum 3 years of recent acute nursing experience, preferably in Critical Care areas.
- Excellent clinical assessment and time management skills.
- High level of communication skills and experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement, innovation, and change.
- Post Graduate qualification in Critical Care Nursing (Emergency) – preferable.
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirements).