Job role: Bus Driver.
Job Type: Part-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £12 – £13 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability.
- First Xclusives discount scheme: You and your family & friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on high street & leisure brands.
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family.
- £6 all-day train travel for you and your family on Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, Avanti, and Hull Trains.
- Free onsite parking + cycle-to-work scheme.
- Up to 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme + chance to buy discounted FirstGroup shares.
About the Job.
We love welcoming new and experienced Bus Drivers to our team in Helston.
Join us as a Trainee and you will earn: £12 per hour, rising to £13 per hour once qualified.
This is for a School Term-Time only contract working 30 hours per week split over 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon.
On top of your salary, there are some brilliant benefits. Our package helps your weekly wage go further while providing long-term financial security.
The minimum age is 18, with at least 6 months’ driving experience. Don’t worry if you’ve never driven anything bigger than a car before. We provide top-class training on our modern, automatic buses.
Bus driving is a rewarding career. You’ll be providing a service that customers value and rely on. Getting to work or school. Doctor’s appointments. Visiting Nan. Popping to the shops. Heading into town. The journey home. Bus drivers are key workers who keep everyday life moving for local communities.
You’ll be out on the road, working on your initiative. At the same time, you will be part of a close-knit driving team, who look out for each other. Every day brings something different. You’ll meet some amazing people along the way.
We put a big focus on physical and mental well-being at First Bus. We recognize that anyone can be affected by the stresses and strains of work or life outside it. You’ll find a range of health-promotion initiatives, and you’ll have 24/7 access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Trainees need a full UK driving license (with no more than 6 points).
- All school bus drivers need to undergo a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check which will be paid for by First Bus.
- Experienced drivers require a PCV license and up-to-date CPC.
- All drivers need the flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.