Job role: Nursing Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Location: Winnipeg, MB.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% dependent on unit, occupancy and shift).
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program or equivalent (both the Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk programs) required.
- Medical terminology (75% pass mark) required.
- Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Position may involve physical activity such as lifting, transferring and transporting patients and equipment.