Job role: Endoscopy Practitioner.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £36,000 – £38,000 per year.
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme.
- Refer to a friend scheme.
- Company pension.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Bluelight Card- 100’s of discount and cashback options.
- Performance review with a training and development plan.
- Employee discounts portal.
- Gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Tech scheme.
About the Job.
We are always looking for great talent to join our team and help achieve our ambitious goals and growth. We care about our people, and we care about the future of community health and how CHEC can play an innovative part in making this great, with your help.
We are on an exciting journey in expanding our services into Endoscopy. Our services will include gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, and haemorrhoidal banding.
Are you an Endoscopy Practitioner who wants to continue helping people but needs a better work-life balance? If yes, then CHEC is your employer of choice! We have an exciting opportunity for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join us permanently as we continue to expand throughout the UK.
The role will be to work under the coordination of the Endoscopy Nurse in Charge and provide the best possible experience for patients.
You will participate in the entire pathway for patients from pre-admission to procedure, then recovery and discharge. EPs contribute to the safe and effective working of their Unit and support CQC and JAG GRS activities and accreditation.
As a specialist provider of community ophthalmology, we are pleased to have built a reputation for high-quality, patient-focused care that ensures we always remain responsive and considerate to the needs of our patients. This model is underpinned by our dedicated clinical and non-clinical teams across the country who continue to serve our patients by providing excellent end-to-end care for every eye condition, as well as supporting the NHS. We consider this one of our USPs, setting us apart from other independent sector providers as we strive to work in partnership with providers to improve services for all.
Our vision is simple. To make eyecare more readily available and accessible throughout local communities by offering patients greater choice, flexibility, and reduced waiting times.
- Complete clinical tasks depending upon supervising and contributing to training in others.
- Can carry out site intravenous access when admitting patients requesting sedation, when competent.
- Contribute to the team’s tasks to ensure that the endoscopy list flows smoothly and efficiently and according to CHEC Endoscopy SOP and other Policies.
- Prepare clinical areas for clinical activities daily.
- Participate in CQC and JAG accreditation and continuing competency training requirements through the JETs framework.
- Have a passion for patient care: compassionate nurses with an appreciation of patient care needs, first class communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an eagerness and ability to learn.
- Good listening abilities and logical thought processes.
- Good team-working.
- Registered practitioner with the NMC or HCPC.
- At least 1-year previous experience as a registered practitioner or equivalent in Endoscopy service.
- Experience with JAG accreditation.
- Passion for high-quality patient safety and care.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience.