Job role: Health Care Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Permanent.
Salary: $20.09 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekends as needed.
- Night shift.
- Day shift.
About the Job.
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of healthcare services through an integrated network of sites, services, and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, and/or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Health Care Aide acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient care and providing basic supportive care as directed. The Health Care Aide demonstrates a commitment to the vision, value, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Demonstrate ability to provide continuous quality patient care.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Accept and work within the framework of the Hospital and Nursing Service’s philosophy, objectives, and policies.
- Under the direction of the RN, provide designated/delegated aspects of patient care.
- Maintain and clean equipment and carry out other duties related to maintaining a safe, clean environment.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem-solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Participate as a supportive and contributing member of the healthcare team.
- Respond to “Codes” as required.
- Completed Grade XII or equivalent required.
- Completion of a recognized Health Care Assistant course required or currently enrolled in a University Nursing Program and have completed year two (2).
- Friends and Family training is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support is required for positions in Emergency, Intensive Care, and Central Relief Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write, speak, and understand English.
- The ability to complete the position regularly.