Job role: Health Care Assistant.
Job sector: Healthcare.
Location: Victoria, BC.
Salary: $28.74 per hour.
About the Job.
By the Vision, Purpose, Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager or designate and under the guidance and direction of a Registered Nurse, conducts personal care and nursing procedures to meet the comfort, hygiene, and therapeutic needs of the patient/resident according to established policies and procedures.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program such as a Health Aide program or equivalent. Registered with the BC Care Aide.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of position.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.