Job role: Firebreak Driver.
Job Type: Casual.
Salary: $24.59 – $33.01 per hour.
Shift & Schedule: Weekend availability.
- Employee assistance program.
- Free parking.
- Transportation links.
- A supportive team environment.
- Access to free staff parking and less than 50 mins to Perth by train and car.
- Flexible working hours.
- Employee Assistance Program support: you are encouraged to use this free short-term, confidential counselling service if you’re experiencing emotional stress, relationship problems, conflict with others or personal issues. It is also available for financial counselling and retirement planning.
About the Job.
The City of Mandurah Rangers team is seeking experienced and enthusiastic individuals to fill the position of firebreak driver. This casual role, with a minimum of 25 hours per fortnight, supports the statutory functions and the efficient operations of the Ranger Services team during the annual Firebreak Inspection period commencing Saturday, 18th November 2023 – Sunday, 24th December 2023 (if necessary).
The City is one of the main cultural ambassadors and project leaders for Mandurah. We not only support and empower local businesses, create local jobs and opportunities but foster innovation and creativity in enterprise whilst considering the impact to our beautiful environment. We are ‘woven by waterways (gabi), a city with a village heart (mandjoo koort)’.
At the City, we look out for one another, prioritise respect, are fair, look after your development and wellbeing, foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We are committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted and achieve their full potential. Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. At the City you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
- Driving a 4WD vehicle to assist Fire Control Officers to undertake their annual firebreak inspections.
- Make observations that assist Fire Control Officers in their role including evidence gathering.
- Show initiative, be adaptable and reliable.
- A current unrestricted ‘C’ class (Manual) driver’s license.
- A National Police Clearance certificate (less than 6 months old).
- 4WD experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Senior First Aid (desirable).