Job role: Patient Care Aide (Canada).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Salary: $28.74 per hour.
About the Job.
By the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Clinical Coordinator or designate, under the direction of a Registered Nurse and the interdisciplinary health care team and by an established plan of care, the Patient Care Aide delivers personal care to patients to meet their identified physical, emotional, therapeutic rehabilitative needs; documents vital statistics and care provided; transcribes doctors orders as directed and performs related clerical duties; maintains equipment and supplies and performs a variety of light cleaning duties.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment, such as a computer.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.