Job role: Residential Support Worker (UK).
Job sector: Healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time.
Country: United Kingdom.
Salary: £11.59 – £12.47 per hour.
Shift & Schedule:
- Weekend availability.
- No weekends.
- Highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Investors In People Platinum Accredited Employer.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities.
- Thorough induction process.
- Strong health and well-being focus.
About the Job.
Bradstow School is looking for dedicated people to start their careers in Social Care. Our Residential Support Worker position does not require any previous experience and you will be trained by our in-house trainers in a nationally recognized NVQ level 3 award. This position will provide you with all the experience you need to develop. We pride ourselves on developing staff to become key workers with the opportunity to progress to management positions as well.
Bradstow is a creative and unique residential school for children between the ages of 5 & 19. It is situated on 13 acres of parkland just a few hundred meters from the sandy beaches of Broadstairs. We seek to meet the needs of children and young people with autism and severe learning difficulties with associated behaviors that may be challenging. We have achieved national recognition for our developments in Communication and Behaviour Management.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the residential home where young people reside during out-of-school hours. The post holder will support young people’s learning and personal development in the home and advocate for their needs in their schooling, healthcare, relationships, and social life. Duties involve working with all young people in the residential home.
No formal qualifications or experience are necessary for this post, but you will be required to commit to achieving the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare within 2 years of beginning employment at the school.
For every position, we look for candidates who are mature, warm, creative, and open to learning with a patient and caring attitude to deal sensitively with vulnerable children.
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Pass).
- Ability to advance equality and overcome disadvantage.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, parents, and students.